How’s it going? Knowing that long weekend is just a day away, I’am hoping you are doing very well! 🙂 We know weekend’s are great for unwinding and relaxing, so I thought why not share with you guys a very simple DIY face mask/scrub, that will help you rejuvenate and relax your skin. You will need very basic things from your kitchen, and 15 mins of your time 🙂 Let’s get started!
We all know the benefits of drinking green tea, it’s great for the skin, as it has antioxidants which help flush out toxins and a calming effect on our body. In addition to that, it’s great for clearing skin blemishes, darkness and redness.So if you’re not a green tea lover, no problem and if you love green tea, then gulp it down first and try this! 🙂
What you need:
- 2 Green tea bags or loose tea
- Aloe Vera gel or Honey
- A bowl and stirrer
- A clean and smiling face 🙂
How to make:
- Dip your tea bags in a cup with hot water or brew it if you use loose tea powder. Let it brew for 5 mins and then take out the tea bags or strain the tea and keep the tea aside.
- Cut open the tea bags and empty it in a bowl, add aloe vera gel ( you can use natural or packaged gel) and mix it well. Just eyeball all the measurements, make sure to add little at a time.Aloe is amazing for the skin, it will cool and give your skin a healthy glow.
- If you have dry skin, in addition to aloe add some honey too, it will moisturize your skin while the green tea helps you clear it.
- After you mix the two well, if you feel the mixture is still dry then add a few drops of your tea to dilute it and then mix well.
How to apply:
After the scrub is ready, apply it on the face with your fingers, spread it evenly and begin scrubbing gently. As the green tea leaves are crushed so finely, they will act as a gentle exfoliant. It’s advisable to do this while you’re in the shower, it can be slightly messy as the scrub doesn’t have a binding product, so it will not stick to your face like a mask. You can scrub it for 2 minutes and leave it on for another minute, then wash off with plain water, follow with a moisturizer. You will instantly notice a difference, your face will be clearer and brighter.
If you don’t feel like drinking the brewed tea or if you are not a big green tea fan,instead of throwing away pour it in an ice tray and freeze it. You will have green tea ice cubes that can be used on your skin on a hot day or under the eyes, they are great for soothing puffy eyes and lightening dark circles.
I hope you liked this post, do try it and let me know how you liked it. Have a great day! 🙂