Hope you all had a great weekend! I had a lazy one, do you ever get that feeling when you just laze around all weekend and regret it for the whole week! Yeah, I feel that right now. Well, anyway..today, I have 5 simple tricks to share with you guys to get that big voluminous hair without having to use too many tools or heat. Sounds interesting? OK, well lets get right into it.
I have reaaaalllyyyyy oily scalp, especially in summers it can turn into an oil factory. I have fine hair too, so you all know that its the worst combination, oily scalp and fine hair is not good news. So the biggest problem I face is to make my hair look voluminous and add some body to it.So here are some tricks that worked for me hopefully they help you too 🙂
- Use a clarifying/Voluminous Shampoo: If you have oily scalp and want your hair to look voluminous,the first important thing is to use a clarifying shampoo or a shampoo that is meant for volumizing the hair. These work much better than the creamy moisturizing ones because those will just weigh down your hair and make it look limp. So look out for some good clarifying shampoos that will do the trick for you. While shampooing another thing to remember is always shampoo at the roots well and just run it down your length.
- Conditioning: Applying conditioner after shampooing generally weighs down your hair making it look flat. So the trick is to apply your conditioner before shampooing, yes I do that and it has worked great for me. This will make sure you have locked in moisture in your hair and after shampooing, your hair will not over dry too. Most important thing is to use a conditioner meant for oily scalp or hair which a lot lighter than the others.Generally the ones that come in pairs with shampoo for oily hair work best.
- Egg white hair Mask: Very simple old trick that works great, just take the white part of the egg and apply it all over your scalp,leave it for 15-20 mins and wash off. This is great for adding shine and volume, plus egg white is good for oily scalp.
- Flip it: So when you are out of the shower flip you hair down and then dry your hair with a dryer (make sure to dry on cool, the heat will just make your scalp oily) When you dry your hair this way it will uplift the roots and when you flip it back you will have the required volume.
- Teasing:Lastly, you need to have a teasing comb this will lift the roots when you back comb the hair and give you the volume you want. This works great on second or third hair day,so keep one of these in your bag it will always come handy.
Bonus Tip: Try to sleep with your hair in a bun every night, if you are comfortable with that. Your hair will be in an upright position for the whole night, so when you open your hair the next morning it will give you that voluminous touch.
Hope this helps you guys, do try it and let me know, also if you enjoy my blog please subscribe! Have a great week! 🙂